Are we there yet? This winter has been particularly cold, snowy, and windy, but spring is almost here. Those of us at Paul Sur Buick GMC could not be more ready for the sunny, mild days of spring driving, and to share our enthusiasm, here is a checklist to help with your car’s spring cleaning!
- Spray the undercarriage. The salty brine of the pothole-ridden roads can agitate your car’s underside. A thorough spray (no soap necessary) will help keep rust at bay.
- Vacuum inside. By removing the salt and sand, you’ll avoid grinding it into your mats. You can optionally choose to shampoo your floor to make it look and smell new.
- Swap tires and wipers. Chances are you’ve been using winter tires, get them off to avoid excessive wear. Also, wipers get shredded by ice; get some new ones for the spring rain.
- Replace your cabin air filter. Allergy season is coming, and there may still be leaves and debris from last autumn stuck in the filter. Get a new one for spring.
- Check fluids. Not just your wiper fluid, but the transmission, oil, and brake fluid need to be checked too. If you don’t feel comfortable with this step, give the Paul Sur service department a call, and we will be happy to help!