It’s the time of year again to refresh yourself on how to handle hazardous winter driving, safely. Before it’s too late in the season – check out these tips for driving in the snow:
- Make sure your vehicle is ready for the season before it starts, by handling any routine maintenance and stocking it with a first-aid kit.
- Get yourself some fresh de-icer, an ice scraper, and a shovel, then pack it all in the trunk, just in case.
- While driving on snow or ice, lower your speed, increase the distance between yourself and the cars around you, and never use cruise control.
- Try not to accelerate, decelerate, or turn quickly.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full at all times to avoid a gas line freeze-up.
- Lastly, learn how to activate your 4-wheel drive or all-wheel drive, but don’t rely on it exclusively!
And of course, the best thing you can do is to avoid poor road conditions all together. To learn more, visit us at Paul Sur Buick GMC.